By supporting community initiatives, the Hungarian Environmental Partnership Foundation aims at contributing to the development of a democratic, sustainable and equitable society and an institutional system based on citizen participation.
The foundation promotes the development of the environmental movement through providing grants, training, fellowships and technical assistance where necessary.
- to assist in the realisation of efficient projects of the Hungarian environmental movement with a special focus on projects solving local environmental problems;
- to enhance the environmental consciousness in Hungary (undertaking environmental education and promotional tasks);
- to improve the contacts co-operation between the environmental movement and other civil initiatives, to organise and assist in the creation of joint action;
- to organise intensified international networking, to assist environmental civil initiatives in the neighbouring countries, including those of the Hungarians living beyond the borders of Hungary;
- to initiate, organise and carry out environmental actions and campaigns;
- to contribute to the improvement of the standards of environmental civilisation in Hungary, to the strengthening of ecological attitudes, to the dissemination of sustainable life-style models, worldviews, individual and communal life models as well as to enhance their effects.
(excerpt from the statutes)